Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer 2013 Goals

Once Bayshore training is over, I'm looking forward to accomplishing a few other fitness goals.

Running:
-6:59 mile. My fastest mile split in a 5K is 7:54, so I think this is an attainable goal although I may puke right after it. ;) My kids all enjoy running so we are planning on spending some time at the track this summer. I'm looking forward to it.
-1:59:59 Half Marathon. I ran 2:02:43 in April as part of a training run. I really want to break the 2 hour barrier, and the Michigan Half Series has enough half marathons this year that I have plenty of chances to give it a go.
-23:59 5K. This one gives me nervous twitches. I've made huge improvements in my 5K time over the past few years, and every time I get a PR I think "this is it...this is the best you've got". But then I set another PR soooooo....let's see what I'm made of.

Hot Yoga:
I just bought a Group-on so I want to see what this is all about. I've never done any kind of yoga before but I've always wanted to.

Fitness:
Do 5 pull-ups. BIG goal, considering right now I can't even do half of ONE pullup. I need to figure out what strength workouts I need to do to help me out on this one.


Body Fat:
Right now (per the gym) I am at 23.0% bodyfat. I would like to get down to 21.0%. The problem with this is that I love food. Like alot. Like I just had a donut, just as I do every Wednesday morning.

You know the saying about how you can't out-exercise a bad diet? I try. I really really try. And actually this is my strategy. I would rather do 5 gym workouts and 30 miles a week than stick to 1200 calories a day.




1 comment:

Laura said...

This may help!
http://greatist.com/fitness/i-want-to%E2%80%A6-do-pull