Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Operation Garmin has commenced.

I have an appreciation for gadgets, especially those that occupy my ADD while running. And I need constant entertainment. I'm the type of person that plays Bubble Pop on my Moto Q while waiting for my email to load, all while waiting in line to pay for groceries. I don't like a lack of activity. I've had my eyes on the Garmin Forerunner 405 for a couple of months now.



I want one. I really want one. At the beginning of every run, when I press the start button on my Polar F4, I embrace my inner nerd and wish it was a 405.

Tonight during my pathetic attempt at 3 miles with shin pain, I got a great idea. I am going to save one dollar for each mile that I run, until I have saved enough money for a Garmin! Hopefully I'll get some birthday money and I'll put that towards it too. I'll have to calculate a tentative purchase date...definitely before the marathon though. I have started the fund with $15 for the 15 miles I ran last week and will deposit my weekly monies each Sunday. I better nerd it up and make a tally on my blog, huh?

I love running. I love shopping. This is PERFECT.

PS: Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure I could go and get the Forerunner tomorrow if I wanted to. But there is something to be said for scraping and saving for something that you really want. It makes it just that much better when you sprint into the store to go get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might lead the most pathetic life ever....can I have the other one when you buy the new one? - Tony

The Storms Family said...

So, how much does it cost? We need to know what you are working towards.

Anonymous said...

When you get it you can download the training plans and videos that are here: Garmin's Virtual Coach.