Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 3

Today starts week 3 of my training! The schedule is the same as last week, but an extra mile on the long run:

Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Sunday: 7 miles

I must admit that I skipped last Thursday's workout. During my Sunday Wednesday (not sure why I wrote Sunday!) run I had a LOT of shin pain and decided that it was better to take a day off than risk injury. My long run Sunday went surprisingly well. I decided to run to Sunday dinner - 6.5 miles from our house to my mother/father in laws. The distance wasn't a big deal, but we had steady 28 mph winds that I was running directly into for 3 of the miles. My time wasn't bad though...after all it was supposed to be a long slow distance run. It was a nice change of scenery too, but I could've done without the wiener dog and German Shepherd dog chasing me!

Added $14.00 into the Garmin fund, bringing me to a total of $29.00. Getting there!

1 comment:

Karen said...

If I ran to Sunday dinner, my 'aroma' would probably clear the table!

Good luck on your 7-miler. At least it should be a little cooler and breezier on Sunday!